Zucchini and Corn Frittershttps://allergyfoundation-old.local/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Zucchini-and-Corn-Fritters.jpg
Zucchini and Corn Fritters
PICKY EATING SOLUTIONS?
Fritters are a must in any family’s armamentarium for quick, vegetables-packed meals. The principles are easy: 2-3 cups grated veges plus one egg (or flax seed egg), seasoning or spices and 1/2 -3/4 cup flour (this can be any type of flour from cake to whole-wheat to spelt, almond or chickpea).
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup cooked sweetcorn
- 1 clove of garlic crushed and diced
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 whisked egg
- 1/2 cup of flour
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 handful of chopped basil
- Grate the zucchini coarsely and place in a colander. Sprinkle with salt and leave for 10 mins. Thereafter, squeeze out the excess water and place in a bowl with all the other ingredients.
- Combine well.
- Heat a frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil and once warm, place a tablespoon of mix flattened into a fritter into the pan. Repeat until all the mix has been used. Flip once the bottom of the fritter has browned.
- Serve warm and crunchy or add to your little one’s lunchbox for a vege-filled snack or freeze for another day quick fix for a hungry tummy.
You can use a range of veges just keep the proportions the same.
What are your favourite combinations?
Don’t skip the steps to reducing the water content in water- rich veges.
Also don’t be tempted to flip your fritters to early, wait until the bottom looks browned.
Serve with a yummy dipping sauce if your little person likes to dip away- our favourites are chutney and home made sweet chilli sauce.
Let us know what you and your kiddies think of them?
Recipe taken from @drcandiceroyal