My go-to recipe is a savoury beef ground beef (mince) stuffed into mushrooms and topped with cheese. It’s great for portion control and less mess on your plate.
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Beef Mince
- Seasoning of your choice e.g. some barbeque spice, beef stock, paprika, herbs, chilli flakes (check for allergens)
- Chopped onion and/or green pepper
- Optional: any leftover veggies you can quickly chop up like baby marrow, carrot or tomatoes. I have not mentioned any quantities as it’s entirely up to you. Anything goes really!
- Remove the stem of all the mushrooms.
- Don’t waste that, chop it up to go along with your mince.
- Braise your onion.
- When translucent add your mince and seasoning.
- Add your garlic and any vege extras at this point.
- Be careful not to add too much water, as your mixture may be too runny.
- Prep and lightly season your washed mushrooms.
- Add a touch of oil with a brush to coat it on the outside.
- Spoon in your mince and top with cheese.
- Pop into your preheated oven or air fryer until the cheese has melted and your mushrooms are soft.
- Serve with any side of your choice.
I know my family enjoys these.
Some kids who are not mushroom/vege lovers or are fussy have come to love my tried and tested recipe, I hope yours will too.