Savoury Pudla Pancake
- Free from gluten, eggs, dairy and nuts
- Serves 2-4
Looking for gluten free pancake options – try this thick vegetarian Pudla savoury pancake. It’s like an Indian pizza of sorts, as it can be sliced and served in the same way. With endless filling possibilities, the uber easy batter is simply a base on which to build a tasty and healthy breakfast or brunch.
- 165g gram (chickpea) flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3-4 tablespoons canola oil
- 45g cooked peas
- 45g cooked sweetcorn
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander
- Place the gram flour into a large bowl along with the baking powder, spices, salt and pepper. Lightly mix through with a spatula to disperse the ingredients.
- Add 120ml water and the lemon juice and whisk into a thick batter.
- Heat the oil in 25-30cm non-stick frying pan over a low-to-medium heat – the pancake should cook relatively slowly.
- Stir the peas, sweetcorn, spring onion and coriander into the batter. Add the batter to the pan in one go, spreading it out with a spatula until it reaches the edges.
- Gently cook for around 10 minutes or until it is golden before carefully turning over and cooking for a further 5-7 minutes on the other side
- Serve the thick, dense pancake cut into slices or quartered.
Recipe taken/adapted from – Keep it Vegan. Over 100 simple healthy & delicious dishes by Aine Carlin