Rainbow Veggie Quinoa Risotto
This is a colourful, easy-to-make recipe, and is free of all common allergens
- 1/2 punnet mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 medium baby marrow, sliced
- 1 medium yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup grated dairy-free cheese
For the sauce:
- 4 fresh tomatoes
- 3 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 handful basil
- 1 clove garlic
- To make the sauce, blanch the fresh tomatoes then combine with the sun dried tomato and blend with a hand-beater.
- In a pan, fry the onion in the olive oil until translucent, then add the salt, basil and garlic.
- Add the blended tomato.
- Simmer and add the prepared veggies.
- Cook until the zucchini is soft but firm.
- Add the cooked quinoa.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle over the grated dairy-free cheese.
Ref: Allergy Sense, Megaw, Karabus & Faure, Quivertree Publications