Easy creamy potato souphttps://allergyfoundation-old.local/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/creamy-potato-soup.jpg
Easy creamy potato soup
Wheat & gluten free, egg free, nut free & milk free option
Made with humble ingredients, but ultra-nourishing and flavourful, this creamy potato soup is the food equivalent of a big, warm hug. The potato’s fibre, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 content, coupled with its lack of cholesterol, can benefit human health.
- One cauliflower head
- One 250g tub of cream cheese (DF cream cheese/cheese spread for milk free option)
- 6 large russet potatoes, washed, peeled & cubed
- One pack of streaky bacon
- 1/2 large white onion, diced finely
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 4 spring onions, diced
- 6 cups water + 2 vegetable stock cubes
- Fresh chives for garnish
- On the stove top in a saucepan over medium high heat, fry the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon to a paper towel, crumble and save for later.
- Add the diced onion and stir over medium heat until softened. Once softened, add the cornstarch and mix until combined.
- Add the cauliflower, cream cheese, potatoes, garlic salt, pepper, parsley, seasoned salt, spring onions, water and stock.
- Cook until the potatoes are soft.
- Taste and add salt to your taste.
- Scoop out the cauliflower, along with a cup or two of broth and place it in a blender, and add it back in and stir well.
- Serve and garnish with additional spring onions/fresh chives and the bacon crumbles on top.