Dark choc chip cookies with fresh herbs
Dairy and gluten free. Contains egg and nuts
In celebration of Peanut butter lovers month and World Chocolate Day, this dairy-free and gluten-free twist on choc-chip cookies is a treat for the adventurous child. The recipe does contain egg and nut allergens. To make it egg-free, use an egg replacer.
40 min – makes 12
- 1 cup nut butter
- ¼ cup xylitol
- 2 eggs, beaten
- pinch of salt
- 1½ cups 70% dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp chopped herbs of your choice, e.g. mint
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Line two baking sheets with baking paper
- Mix together the nut butter, xylitol, egg and salt.
- Fold in the choc chips and finely chopped herbs.
- Drop balls of batter on the trays.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Recipe taken from AFSA approved product Allergy Sense for families