Creamy Tomato and Carrot Souphttps://allergyfoundation-old.local/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/tomato-carrot-soup.jpgCreamy Tomato and Carrot Soup
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan
There is nothing like a warm bowl of creamy dairy free tomato and carrot soup on a winters day. This richly flavored soup is perfect with toast and bread sticks.
- 450g roasted tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups of carrots thinly sliced
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- Saute the onions and carrots in the olive oil until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes, stock, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or so, until the carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat and add the non-dairy milk. Puree with an immersion blender until super smooth, you don’t want any lumps.
- Top with fresh green onions if desired. Serve with gluten free crackers, toast or bread sticks.