Prep Time 15 Min
Cook Time 25 Min
Total Time 40 Min
This quick recipe makes yummy, portable, allergy-friendly brownies in a hurry.
- 1 cup superfine sugar (can substitute with regular sugar)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1⅓ cups white rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups dairy-free chocolate chips
- Dairy-free chocolate frosting or powdered sugar, for topping (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease 24 mini muffin tins.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the sugar, cocoa powder, applesauce, water, oil, and vanilla with a hand mixer until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared mini muffin tins. Do not over-fill.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the brownies are firm around the edges but your finger still leaves an indentation when you poke one in the middle.
- Let the brownie bites cool completely in the tins, then remove them with a small knife or spatula.
- Frost or dust with powdered sugar, if desired.