- 250 g gluten-free cooking dough
- (page 186)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free chopped pepperoni
- 1 egg, whisked, for brushing
- 11/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp salt
- fresh herbs
- olive oil
* note it does have egg in it….for those who have egg allergy…
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- On a lightly oiled piece of parchment or silicone baking mat on a baking sheet, pat out the dough into a rectangle 22 x 30 cm.
- Working lengthways, evenly place the pepperoni over half of the dough. Using the parchment, fold the remaining dough over the filling, lining up the edges. Brush lightly with whisked egg. Mix together the Italian seasoning and salt, and sprinkle generously over the egg wash.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice into 12 even strips, starting at the folded edge. Pick up the dough and twist twice so that each end has the seasoning face up and the uncoated part of the twist is in the centre. Place back on the parchment or silicone mat, leaving about 4 cm between twists. Continue until all dough is twisted and on the baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes, turning halfway through the baking time. Serve with fresh herbs and olive oil.