Recipe adapted from “Mama Knows Gluten Free”
A lovely gluten-free muffin recipe to make with your kids during the school holidays. Healthy and fun! Dairy-free option. Contains egg. No mixer required for these lovely moist banana blueberry muffins.
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter or coconut oil (dairy free option)
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour. Health Connection Gluten Free flour mix
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or essence
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Use baking cup liners or cooking spray for the muﬃn tin.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and stir with the mashed bananas. Allow the mixture to sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir the melted butter (or melted coconut oil for dairy-free) into the mashed bananas.
- Stir in the sugar salt, beaten eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the gluten-free flour, cinnamon and xanthan gum.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Scoop the batter into muﬃn tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.